Thursday, December 18, 2008

the waiting is the hardest part.

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him..."
Psalm 37: 7

"But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up on wings like eagles..."
Isaiah 40:31

being patient is probably one of the biggest themes in my life...i hope that makes sense. what i mean is that i feel like one thing that the LORD has consistently taught me is to be patient and wait on him. he has a plan for me and wants me to prosper (jeremiah 29:11), but i just need to remember that it's His timing...not mine. that's usually where i fail. i tend to like control a little too much, so sometimes it's harder than it should be for me to trust. completely. just trust. you would think that looking back and seeing how time and time again waiting on Him has been the answer, it wouldn't be so hard...i guess that's just part of being human. i want to get better at waiting, and God taught me a big lesson about patience this summer with finding a job and his timing and stuff, so i'm hoping that will help me in the future. patience just isn't my strong suit.

currently listening to: more of you...by will goodwin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your amazing don't ever forget that....
love ya!